In case you missed it on January 2, Pastor Frank continued the tradition set in place by one of our founding pastors, Tom Shrader, with his Past Year / Present Year sermon. Here are the lists he shared as you evaluate last year, 2021, and look to this new year, 2022:
- Did you recognize the importance of self-evaluation?
- In 2021, did you understand the value of your time?
- Will we spend our time or invest it?
- Did your victories exceed your defeats?
- Did you finish well?
- Did you anticipate the return of Christ?
Your Guide for 2022
- Work to improve relationships.
- Desire an increase in freedom.
- Consider your passion and zeal – is it for Jesus and the Gospel?
- Expand your perspective.
- A commitment to a strengthening of Spirit.
- Don’t fall into the cultural temptation of painting yourself as a victim.
Frank’s 2021 Book List
Cynical Theories by Helen Pluckrose & James Lindsay
Irreversible Damage by Abigail Shrier
The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self by Carl R. Trueman
The Madness of Crowds by Douglas Murray
Deep Work by Cal Newport
Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman, 2006 20th Anniversary Edition
Team of Rivals by Doris Goodwin
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
The Pastor by Eugene Peterson (a reread)