At Redemption Church we believe that God has blessed our city with different communities, and God calls us to follow Jesus and be in loving relationship with neighbors from other cultures.
The Neighbors Table focuses on bridging culture and loving the other neighbors in our community that are often forgotten, overlooked, mistreated, and marginalized. Teaching time will walk through the story of the “Good Samaritan” and focus specifically on God’s heart for all people, time will be spent around the table with Muslim neighbors that we normally might not have relationship with, and we will be going into the community to see and learn about our homeless neighbors. People who attend Neighbors Table on August 17th, 24th, and 31st from will…
- Study the Great Commandment (Luke 10) in community, have individual time of reflection, enjoy corporate prayer, and take steps toward obeying God’s Word.
- Be shaped by the mission of God and learn His heart for all peoples.
- Understand culture and how to move toward our neighbors with compassionate action.
- Walk through your city and learn the stories of our homeless neighbors, the brokenness that brought them to where they are, and how best to love this community.
- Sit with Muslims and hear the truth about Islam, how Muslims view ISIS, and how Christians faithfully respond.
- Enjoy incredible international cuisine in the heart of our city.
Please click the link below to RSVP.
Cost: Free. No dinner on the first evening, but complementary coffee and refreshments will be served. You will be responsible for purchasing dinner for yourself on one of these evenings.
When: Three Monday Evenings: August 17th, 24th, and 31st rom 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Where: Begin at the Redemption Gateway Congregation the first evening.
Childcare is available. Please sign up through the RSVP form above if needed.