“Stephen & The Story”
Here are a number of questions for discussion within families or your Redemption Community. Helpful tips for studying scripture “arcadia.redemptionaz.com/squid”. For more information about RCs, click here. These are meant to help you as you reflect on Sundays in your smaller groups. You are free to adapt, change, or take away any of these as you see fit.
- What is Stephen getting at with his speech here? Is he defending his actions? or something else?
- Think back a few weeks to when we talked about persecution, how does this remind you of what we’ve already learned?
- What opposition did the ‘witnesses’ encounter here? Notice their faithful response.
- What is our (your) ‘opposition’ and how are you called to be faithful in light of it?
- How is the gospel the true good news against this ‘opposition’?
- The last thing we read here is the intro of Saul, what’s the first thing we learn about this important future character in the New Testament?