“Generosity & Hypocrisy”
Here are a number of questions for discussion within families or your Redemption Community. Helpful tips for studying scripture here. For more information about RCs, click here. These are meant to help you as you reflect on Sundays in your smaller groups. You are free to adapt, change, or take away any of these as you see fit.
- What was Ananias’ sin?
- Look up a definition of Hypocrisy, what is it? How is hypocrisy different than just failure?
- How is the way you sell yourself to others, different than who you are? In other words, in what way are you a hypocrite?
- Peter is recorded as a great hypocrite when asked about his relationship with Jesus. As a thought experiment, what was he thinking for the three hours between Ananias’ death and Sapphira’s?
- How does the story of Barnabas contrast with that of Ananias and Sapphira?
- Acts 2:43 talks about “signs and wonders” being done in the early church. How is the character of God shown in this “sign and wonder”? And how is this good news for us?
- If you have kids, think about the difference between your kids doing something wrong and your kids lying about it? One’s a mistake, and one’s a break of covenant. Why does God take this lie so seriously?
Some of these questions came from an article Piper wrote.