“Common Men with Uncommon Courage”
Here are a number of questions for discussion within families or your Redemption Community. Helpful tips for studying scripture here. For more information about RCs, click here. These are meant to help you as you reflect on Sundays in your smaller groups. You are free to adapt, change, or take away any of these as you see fit.
- We can see here one of the first glimpses of opposition to the newly formed church, have you faced opposition as a follower of Jesus? How can we prepare ourselves for this?
- What do you think was driving the priests and sadduccees? How do their motivations resonate with you?
- The sadducees and jewish leaders sincerely believed they were upholding God’s will by opposing this gospel. How does this challenge your thinking? How can we be confident in God’s will?
- Boldness is a huge theme in this text, what does it look like to balance wisdom and boldness in your vocation? Try to gain insight and wisdom from people you know who do this well in their workplaces.
- It seems like the jewish council chose not to believe in part because they had too much to lose. Think about someone you know who’s not a christian and spend some time praying against any barriers to belief.