“Power & Proclamation”
Here are a number of questions for discussion within families or your Redemption Community. Helpful tips for studying scripture here. For more information about RCs, click here. These are meant to help you as you reflect on Sundays in your smaller groups. You are free to adapt, change, or take away any of these as you see fit.
- Do a little research on the “Beautiful Gate”, how does that help frame the context of this story?
- What’s the significance of the Apostles saying to the man, “Look at me”? How does that challenge the way we interact with the needs around us?
- See how many times “raised” is mentioned in just this section of scripture? What does this reveal about God’s character?
- When Peter turns and addresses the people, he calls for the men of Israel to repent. What sin is he exposing in verses 13 and 14?
- Why do you think the men of Israel denied Jesus? Fear? Comfort? How does that resonate in you?
- Notice the urgency in anticipating the second coming of Jesus in verse 20, why do we so often forget the immanency of Jesus’ return? How can we stir up our hearts to this?