This Advent season, we will be giving of ourselves in three practical ways:
TIME, GIFTS, AND MONEY.
Sunday, December 17 from 1-7p at Redemption Alhambra
We have a tangible opportunity to love others this season by offering our time, serving face to face, at the Affordable Christmas event Redemption Alhambra is hosting.
Affordable Christmas is an empowering shopping experience for low-income families that allows them an opportunity to provide Christmas presents for their children at a very low cost. New toys are donated and then sold for 1/10th of the retail value. All proceeds from this event go to support the work of Foster Care Initiatives, which exists to see Arizona’s vulnerable children and youth grow in flourishing families.
There are many opportunities to serve: greeters, experience guides, hospitality, serving meals, childcare, entertainment, gift inventory, wrapping gifts, cashiers, decorations, and pre-event preparations.
Questions? Contact Pastor Wayne
As we celebrate the joy of Christmas and look to share that joy with others, we’ll be collecting items for the Refugee Women’s Health Clinic. They are currently in need of:
- Diapers (sizes 1, 2)
- Baby wipes
- Bed sheets (full, queen)
- Comforters (full, queen)
- Large bath towels
- Laundry detergent
- Baby receiving blankets
- Baby clothes (boys & girls)
- Sanitary pads
- Gift cards (Walmart, Target, Fry’s, etc.)
Items must be received by Wednesday, December 6.
God has blessed us to be a blessing to others. Part of the way we bless others is by collecting an Advent offering each year. This year, our monetary offerings will go toward the following initiatives to care for needs that are CLOSE, NEAR, & FAR.
- CLOSE – Redemption Alhambra: Redemption Alhambra is in the process of building a Learning Center to minister to inner city children and youth in their neighborhood. This will be a place for after school programs, including computer labs, music lessons, and dance classes, which will create more opportunities for young people in this urban community.
- NEAR – Along Side Ministries: We’re excited to continue our partnership with Along Side Ministries this season. ASM works to help the incarcerated Christian commuinity learn how to walk with Jesus as they transition from prison to society.
- FAR – Hope for Children, Ethiopia: Hope for Children is a non-profit ministering throughout Ethiopia. They work to both rescue and prevent children from human trafficking, child labor, and living on the streets through a variety of programs.
How to Give
You can give toward our Advent Offering through December 31 in either of these ways:
IN PERSON: Drop your Advent offering in our offering boxes at church on Sunday.
ONLINE: Click here to give online. Be sure to designate “Advent Offering.”